Dairy FlooringHygiene, safety and longevity are amongst some of the most important considerations when selecting a new food grade floor surface for a dairy. With nearly 40 years’ experience of working for all types of food processing companies, Kemtile has the necessary experience to advise both small and large dairies on the best flooring solution to suit their specific environments. The company can provide a one-stop shop for floors, drains and walls as well as any associated building works - such as underground drainage connections and new structural concrete floors. All installations in the main are carried out by its own trained personnel including site supervision with particular attention to all current health and safety compliance.
Types of flooring systems provided by Kemtile
Kemtile specialises in the installation of its own unique KAGETEC vibration ceramic tiled flooring system - and UCRETE heavy duty polyurethane resin floors from BASF. In fact, Kemtile is proud to be the world’s longest established licensed Ucrete installer, as well as installers of the Kagetec systems for over past 20 years.
Because Kemtile is one of the few companies that can install both of these high-performance flooring systems, the company is well placed to advise dairy customers on the right flooring to meet their needs. This can result in combining the two systems, tiles and resin, to meet specific performance and cost requirements. Both finishes can be complemented by the installation of stainless steel drainage from Wiedemann-Technik, a leading supplier to the food industry for over 50 years. The company is the sole UK agent for these top quality drainage systems, which are often imitated but never matched.
Testimonials from customers
Kemtile’s key considerations for a dairy floor
- All dairy process floors must be hygienic, they must be easy to clean and impervious.
- Because dairy floors are subject to all types of spillages, be it water, milk, brine, whey or other by-products and caustic cleaning solutions, floors must be slip resistant and, very importantly, chemical resistant.
- Dairy floors must also be able to withstand thermal shock either from hot water discharge from process vessels and equipment or from cleaning.
- A dairy floor must have adequate drainage so spillages can be quickly removed. All drainage should be stainless steel from a hygiene perspective. Stainless steel also offers cleanability and chemical resistance. If stainless steel channels are used they must be fully welded.
- All the above offer the best practise in terms of protecting the factories' most important asset the concrete floor because unless it is adequately protected then expensive time consuming remedial works could result.
Are you a dairy and need some help with your flooring? Fill the form in below and we will contact you to discuss which flooring options are best for you.
Our dairy industry customers include
We have established the reputation of our business by ensuring every project is completed on schedule and on budget, as the repeat orders from our satisfied customers demonstrate.